When you try and launch MSN Messenger and try to logon, you get an error message 80048820. A wild guess, your system time / date needs adjusting.
The Cause of Code 80048820
There are a variety of causes of this error:
1) Incorrect Proxy Setting for Internet Explorer.
2) softpub.dll may have become unregistered.
3) Your system clock may be showing an incorrect time (or date!).
4) Firewall problems.
The Solutions to MSN Error Code 80048820
Internet Explorer - Try removing Internet Explorer proxy server settings and go with the 'Automatically detect settings'.
1) Launch Internet Explorer, click "Tools" and then click Internet Options. From the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab. Click LAN Setting. Un check the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox. Finally positively tick: 'Automatically detect settings'.
2) Register softpub.dll.
Click Start (Button), and then click Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll. Restart MSN Messenger.
3) If necessary, logon as a local administrator, set the computer's clock to the correct date and time. (Check on the internet if possible.)
4) Turn off the firewall temporarily. Check firewall settings such as Norton: "Block access to secure sites". If this cures the problem, make sure that Microsoft's MSN Messenger is allowed full access through your firewall.
msn messanger error code 80048820 easy repair windows live messanger repair and fix all errors and msn messanger error code 80048820 easy repair windows live messanger repair and fix all errors